The default configuration of KB Support enables you to assign a single agent to each ticket. However, assigning multiple agents to a ticket is also possible and can be of great value for a number of reasons including increasing support worker collaboration towards the resolution of a support case.
Once the multiple agents per ticket functionality has been enabled, an Additional Agents field will become visible within the Assignment meta box on the ticket screen.
There is no limit to the number of additional agents that can be assigned to a ticket, and each support worker assigned as an additional agent will;
- receive an email notification when they are assigned to the ticket (subject to configured settings)
- be able to view the tickets within their ticket list
- receive notifications via email each time an event occurs on the ticket (such as a reply being received) in the same way a primary agent does
- be able to reply to the ticket, add notes and perform all the same tasks as the primary agent
Only the primary agent is visible to the customer within the Ticket Manager screen. Additional agents are, by default, not named within any customer facing pages or email notifications.
Enabling Multiple Agents per Ticket
- From the admin menu, head to Tickets -> Settings and click the Tickets tab
- Click the Agent Settings section link
- Enable Multiple Agents per Ticket by checking the box
- Click Save Changes to save and activate
Was this article helpful?
We're working hard to ensure we provide you with useful and relevant documentation to help you get the most out of KB Support.
Please take a moment to let us know if you found this article helpful.