The MailChimp Integration extension for KB Support enables you to easily encourage your customers to signup to your MailChimp mailing list so that you can share important news, and information with them, or promote your products and services.
Customers have the option to signup to your chosen list when submitting a new ticket, adding a reply to an existing ticket, or updating their user profile. Depending on which other extensions you have installed, the signup option may also be available in other areas.
In order to utilise this extension, you will need a MailChimp account which you can get for free here.
For assistance on installing a premium plugin for KB Support, please view this article.
In order for the MailChimp Integration plugin to be able to communicate with the MailChimp API service and manage your lists and subscribers, you need to enter your API key within settings. Navigate to Tickets -> Settings -> Extensions and if MailChimp is not the first settings screen you see, click the MailChimp link under the settings tabs.
- Enter your MailChimp API key into the MailChimp API Key input box and click Save Changes
- Select the list to which you want your customers to subscribe from the MailChimp List dropdown.
- If you have not created your lists, this guide will help you
- If you have recently created your list and it does not display within the dropdown, select the option Force MailChimp Lists Refresh and click Save Changes to update the options
- Enter the label you want displayed next to the signup checkbox into the Subscribe Label field
- If you want the signup checkbox to be checked by default, select Checked by Default
- Select either HTML or Plain Text as the email format that customers should be subscribed to within the Default Format dropdown list
- If a customer is already subscribed, and you have enabled Update User Details, MailChimp Integration will update the existing customer record within MailChimp. For example, if their MailChimp subscription record does not include their name, we’ll add it for you
- Enable Double Opt-in to have MailChimp send the new subscriber an email asking them to confirm that they want to subscribe to your list
Click Save Changes once you have set all options and you’re up and running.
How Does a Customer Choose to Subscribe?
MailChimp Integration will place a new checkbox onto your ticket submission form, your ticket reply form and the customer profile editor screen. Customers that check the checkbox prior to submitting the form, will be subscribed to your chosen list.
Note: If we are able to identify the customer (i.e if they are logged in when submitting a ticket, or are replying to a ticket, or editing their profile) MailChimp Integration will check whether or not they are already subscribed to your list. If they are, the checkbox will not be displayed.
If you have the Paid Support extension installed, MailChimp Integration will also add a signup option to the payment form if the customer is not already subscribed
Was this article helpful?
We're working hard to ensure we provide you with useful and relevant documentation to help you get the most out of KB Support.
Please take a moment to let us know if you found this article helpful.