Ticket to IT Heaven: Your Guide to the Best Ticketing System Software
If you’re searching for the best IT ticketing system software for your business, welcome 👋.
In this article, we’ve compiled a list of popular help desk ticketing systems that help you make your IT support more efficient and organized.
Before we begin, let’s first understand IT ticketing system software.
What Is an IT Ticketing System Software?
IT ticketing system software works as a bridge between you and your customers. It helps you create an automated process for raising, prioritizing, assigning, and resolving customer queries in a structured and organized manner.
An effective IT ticketing system can help streamline support workflow and enhance customer experience.
If you’re running an IT business, you’ll know that customer queries come in all sizes & shapes. Some might be about technical stuff, others about software bugs, hardware failures, or even just service requests.
Managing these queries using a basic email tool takes time, effort, and resources. Time better spent elsewhere, growing your business.
Wouldn’t it be great to answer queries without a user having to email you? Turn visitors into potential customers or answer questions without lifting a finger? This is where IT Ticketing System Software helps.
Ticketing software has built-in features such as knowledge bases, automated notifications, reporting, and analytics, allowing you to create a more organized and smooth-flowing customer support system.
What to Look for in a Ticketing System Software
Let’s check out some Must-Have features that you should consider before selecting the IT ticketing system software for your business.
1. Ticket Creation, Tracking, and Assignments
The first and most important feature that you should look into in your ticketing system software is the ability to create and track tickets.
The ticketing tool must include features for creating tickets, with customizable fields to capture relevant information about the issue.
Further, it’s also necessary to check if the tool provides robust tracking and management features to keep track of the tickets throughout their lifecycle.
Also, to organize the workflow of your support team, check if your ticketing software comes with a Ticket Assignments feature. This feature helps you automate the ticket workflow by prioritizing and assigning based on your support agent’s number of active tickets.
2. Multichannel Support
Another feature that you need to consider in your IT ticketing system software is Omni-Channel Support.
Despite sounding like the name of a supportive Transformer, Omni-Channel Support enables customers to interact with your support agents through various communication channels, such as phone, email, chat, social media, or any medium users are most comfortable with.
This helps you enhance your customer experience and keep your team organized by offering a unified ticketing system.
By offering Omni-Channel support, you’re not alienating users and forcing them into using a platform they do not understand. At the same time, your support team benefits from using a single platform.
3. Knowledge Base
A detailed knowledge base of articles, guides, FAQs, and other resources helps users find answers to common issues without raising a ticket, ultimately saving your support team time.
So ensure the ticketing system software offers robust knowledge base management, easy content creation, search functionality, and ticket integration for efficient self-service support.
4. Analytics and Reporting
Another vital feature to look into in your ticketing software is Analytics and Reporting.
Before selecting the support tool, ensure it provides analytics and reporting capabilities such as ticket metrics, trends, and SLA compliance report to track and measure customer interactions and support team performance.
Tracking your support-related metrics helps you gain insights into customer behavior, measure your support team’s performance, and allows you to make data-driven decisions to improve your support processes.
5. Integration With 3rd Party Tools
No matter how well-coded, advanced, and developed a tool is, it does not include every possible feature users might need.
So to enhance efficiency and streamline your workflow, choose the tool that offers integration capabilities with common IT tools such as email marketing tools, asset management software, and collaboration platforms.
6. User-Friendly and Customizable
Agree or not, using web-based tools to their full potential requires knowledge and hands-on experience.
So before investing, ensure your IT ticketing system software comes with easy-to-grab features, enabling your support team to quickly become familiar with the tool.
Another thing that you need to check is your ticketing software’s customizable features.
Ensure it has options allowing you to tailor the ticketing system to your organization’s specific needs and processes.
Best IT Ticketing System Software for Streamlined Support in 2023
Ticketing software helps you implement an IT ticketing system to handle your support requests quickly.
However, just like the other web solutions, the IT ticketing system software marketplace is crowded, and picking the best tool that matches your needs and fits your budget requires time and deep research.
Urrrgh, research! We hear you; that’s why we’ve compiled this list, helping you find the best ticketing software according to your business type.
So, whether you’re a small startup, a medium-sized business, or a large enterprise, we’ve got you covered.
1. KB Support
KB Support is a WordPress help desk plugin that allows you to enhance your customer support with advanced help desk functionalities.
Designed to streamline the process of managing and resolving your customer inquiries, support tickets, and technical issues directly from the WordPress admin dashboard – No need to create APIs or switch tabs; manage everything from one screen.
KB Support has plenty of exciting features, but one of its most valuable features is the ability to create Guest Tickets. This feature allows your customers to raise a support ticket without creating an account on your website, saving them time and you.
Further, with its integrated Knowledge Base, you can create articles and FAQs to help your customers find answers to common questions.
WordPress is the most popular CMS, offering plugins for different site requirements. But the options are limited when it comes to dedicated help desk plugins.
So if you’re looking for a robust, feature-rich WordPress plugin that also fits your budget & works like a web-based IT ticketing system software, KB Support is the best tool you can use.
Features of KB Support
- Ticket Management: KB Support lets you manage customer inquiries and support requests within your WordPress dashboard.
- Customizable Submission Forms: You can create custom support request forms that can be placed on any page/post of your WordPress site.
- Agent Permissions: This allows you to restrict support agents from accessing tickets not assigned to them.
- Auto Assign Tickets: New tickets are automatically assigned to agents randomly or based on each agent’s number of active tickets.
- Email notifications: KB Support sends email notifications to you and your customers when a new ticket is created, updated, or resolved.
- User Management: You can create and manage users with different roles and permissions, controlling who can access support tickets and other features.
- Compatible With EDD and WooCommerce: Fully compatible with popular WordPress eCommerce solutions like EDD and WooCommerce, you can offer seamless support solutions for your stores.
- Canned Replies: You can save canned responses for the frequently asked questions.
Integration with 3rd party apps: Integrates with web-based tools such as Zapier and Mailchimp.
- SLA Tracker: Helps you monitor performance and track your company’s target response and resolution times
- Advanced Extensions: Offers a bundle of advanced extensions to enhance and extend functionality.
KB Support Pricing
KB Support is a FREE help desk WordPress plugin. However, you can invest in KB Support’s premium extensions to enhance the features and functionality of KB Support.
KB Support Pros and Cons
|Interactive and easy-to-understand user interface.||KB Support is specifically designed to work with WordPress, |
so if you’ve got a website built on a different platform other than WordPress, you can’t leverage the features of KB Support.
|Includes plenty of hooks and filters for developers.|
|Detailed help guides and top-notch support from experts.|
|A pocket-friendly help desk plugin for WordPress.|
2. Help Scout
Help Scout is an IT ticketing solution that helps you manage customer inquiries and support requests from a centralized location.
It allows your team to communicate with customers through various channels like chat, email, and social media and provides tools to track and manage customer interactions.
With Help Scout’s features, such as Shared Inbox and Live Chat, you can streamline your support agents’ workflow and enhance customers’ experience by providing them with a quick response.
Additionally, Help Scout comes with pre-built performance reporting dashboards, allowing you and your team to create customized data reports to analyze the metrics.
Features of Help Scout
- Shared Inbox: With Help Scout’s Shared Inbox feature, you can keep your support process more organized and transparent. You and support agents can manage and collaborate on a customer query from a single email address.
- LIVE Chat: With its integrated Beacon widget, you can implement a live chat feature to chat with your customers in real time and quickly resolve their issues.
- Knowledge Base: Help Scout’s Knowledge Base software enables you to create help articles and docs for your customers. Further, to make your articles more interactive & detailed, you can also use text, images, videos, hyperlinks, and tables.
- Reporting and Analytics: With Help Scout’s advanced reporting and analytics features, you can track and measure your team’s performance, customer satisfaction, and other important metrics.
- Integrates with 3rd party apps: Help Scout integrates with various third-party tools, such as CRM software, project management tools, and social media platforms.
Help Scout Pricing
15-day Free trial is available, and the Premium plan starts at $20 per user per month. (If paid annually)
Help Scout Pros and Cons
|Offers an easy and user-friendly interface.||Help Scout doesn’t include a phone support feature, and you will need to use a third-party tool to provide phone support to your customers.|
|Seamlessly integrates with web-based tools such as Trello, Slack, Outlook, Zira, and more||You’ll need to pay extra. $50/month for the in-app messaging feature, which is quite expensive.|
|Provides easy communication between support team members who can add notes, assign emails, and track who is viewing or responding to conversations.||Limited features to customize the knowledge base articles.|
|Help Scout is pricey for small business owners and teams with limited budgets.|
3. HubSpot Help Desk and Ticketing Software
HubSpot Help Desk and Ticketing Software is a customer service platform that allows you to manage and resolve customer inquiries and issues. It helps you create an organized and well-managed support system by offering a unified help desk feature to track customer requests.
The software helps you prioritize customer support requests, streamline their response times, and manage customer satisfaction. You can keep track of all the issues your customers have with HubSpot’s ticketing system.
HubSpot Help Desk is a part of HubSpot Customer Service Hub, which includes tools for managing customer feedback, creating knowledge bases, and automating customer service workflows.
With this tool, you can manage customer relationships comprehensively, integrating it with other HubSpot tools such as marketing and sales.
Features of HubSpot Help Desk and Ticketing Software
- Unified Help Desk: HubSpot offers a centralized dashboard/unified help desk for managing customer support tickets, including tools for creating, tracking, and resolving tickets.
- Ticket Routing: You can automate support tickets to the appropriate team member based on predefined rules
- Ticket Queues: Customizable ticket queues for organizing and prioritizing support requests based on urgency, complexity, or other criteria.
- Customer Insights: A complete view of each customer’s interaction history, including previous support tickets, purchases, and communication history.
- Knowledge Base: Packed with tools for building a searchable knowledge base of FAQs and solutions to common problems.
- Reporting and Analytics: Real-time reporting and analytics dashboards to track support team performance, response times, resolution rates, and customer satisfaction.
- Integrations: Seamless integration with other HubSpot tools and popular third-party apps and platforms.
- Live Chat: You can embed live chat on your website to have conversations with your customers in real time.
HubSpot Help Desk and Ticketing Software Pricing
The free version is available, and the premium plan starts at $18/month. (If paid annually)
Pros and Cons of HubSpot Help Desk and Ticketing Software
|HubSpot Help Desk software could benefit users already using HubSpot for Sales and Marketing; they get the flexibility to manage everything under one system.||Collaboration on support tickets is not easy, as there can only be one ticket owner, making it challenging to assign collaborators.|
|Easy to set up & has a simple interface.|
|Stellar and quick support.|
4. Mojo Help Desk
If you’re looking for affordable yet powerful ticketing system software, Mojo Help Desk is worth looking into. It provides a centralized platform for support teams to receive, track, and respond to customer inquiries, complaints, and feedback.
Mojo Help Desk also includes reporting and analytics features, which help you track customer service metrics such as response time, ticket volume, and customer satisfaction.
While every other IT ticketing offers the power to create & integrate Knowledge Base articles, what makes Mojo Help Desk special is that it allows you to create a Private knowledge Base for your support agents.
Further, Mojo Help Desk provides seamless integration with Google Apps, REST API, and Zapier, giving you the flexibility to automate your support workflows.
Features of Mojo Help Desk
- Customizable Forms: Support teams can create customizable forms for submitting tickets, assign tasks to specific team members, and set priorities & deadlines for each ticket
- Self-Service Knowledge Base: Provides you with the ability to create and share Frequently Asked Questions with your users, measure what performs best, and adjust accordingly.
- Integrations: Integrates with Microsoft Office 365 & Google Workspace.
- Automate Repetitive Tasks: You can create an automated workflow by leveraging predefined canned answers, ticket assignments, auto-responders, and more.
- Analytics and metrics: Includes reporting and analytics features, which help you track customer service metrics such as response time, ticket volume, and customer satisfaction
Mojo Help Desk Pricing
Premium pricing starts at 12.6/month. (If paid annually)
Pros and Cons of Mojo Help Desk
|Offer an intuitive interface.||Lack of customization options.|
|Provides plenty of resources to help users get the most out of the platform.||Limited integrations.|
Zendesk is a cloud-based customer service software that helps you streamline your support process and improve the overall customer experience.
With Zendesk, you can interact with your users across different channels like email, social media, chat, phone, and more.
Zendesk offers features to centralize all customer interactions into one place, allowing your support agents to track, manage, and respond to help requests easily.
With its advanced ticketing features like automation, analytics, and reporting, you can better optimize your support operations and understand your customers’ needs.
Features of Zendesk
- Advanced Conversational Experiences: Zendesk comes with a powerful message feature that allows you to provide personalized experiences across the customer lifecycle.
- Powerful Integrations: Zendesk integrates with all the modern conversational tools, whether WhatsApp, Instagram, or Facebook Messenger. You can connect with Zendesk from any platform.
- Integrations: Zendesk offers integrations with various other tools, such as CRM software, marketing automation platforms, and e-commerce platforms, to help you streamline your support operations and workflows.
- Knowledge Base: With Zendesk, you can build a scalable support system through FAQs and community forums.
- Reporting and Analytics: You can collect, measure, and analyze customer data with Zendesk.
The premium plan starts at $49/mo. (Suite Team)
Pros and Cons of Zendesk
|Offers numerous customization options||Complicated pricing structure|
|Powerful reporting and analytics||Support features are only available at higher pricing tiers|
|Integration with third-party systems and the applications||User interface is not easy-to-customize.|
And there you’ve it! These are top picks of the best IT Ticketing System Software.
How to Choose the Best IT Ticketing System Software?
Plenty of ticketing software is available on the market, and we understand selecting one is a cumbersome task. Hopefully, our guide will help you choose the right tool for the job.
If you’re still in a quandary, let us do a quick recap:
If you own a WordPress website, KB Support is the best tool that you can use. It’s a free WordPress plugin and includes every essential feature you’d expect in web-based ticketing software.
If you own a small business or have just started your venture, you can leverage the features of Mojo Help Desk. It’s affordable yet offers powerful support features.
HubSpot and Help Scout is an ideal ticketing software for small to medium-sized businesses.
Zendesk is a good option for large enterprises with a high budget to invest in support tools.